Thursday, December 02, 2004

Let's fly!

All week I have had this song going through my head.

I want to fly like an eagle to the sea
Fly like an eagle let my (His) spirit carry me,
Fly like an eagle till I'm free.......

I started thinking about eagles. They are beautiful, magestic creatures. Strong and powerful. They spread their wings and "ride" the wind. The wind carries them over the mountians to the sea. I want to be like an eagle, soaring over the mountains in my life. After all from way up there those mountains don't look so big.

So here goes my 'eagle' analagy. In a way this is my life as an eagle. Eagles are not born soaring. They have to learn to fly. They are born into the comfort and security of their nest. I, too, have a comfort zone, a nest of my own. A nest that I would probably prefer to stay in. But, as growth goes, there comes a time to learn to fly. An eagle learns to fly by standing on the edge of their nest, spreading their wings and waitng for the wind to carry them. The key word here would be waiting. About a year ago I attempted to step out of my comfort zone, wanting desperatly to move ahead in the plan that God has for me. I made a mistake.....I stood on the edge, spread my wings and foolishly stepped out of the nest thus taking a horrible plunge away from the will of God. My own will caused me to step to soon instead of waiting for His spirit to lift my wings and guide me. Fortunatly (by His grace) I survived the fall (learning sucks sometimes) I don't think my wings are broken but I know that it did break my will. So...humbly I've climbed back up the tree and now find myself standing at the edge of the nest again. This time I will spread my wings and wait on the Lord.

I suddenly see a picture of a New Heights nest and all of us standing, wings open, catching the wind. A pretty good looking bunch of eagles! and humble of course :) What a flight we'll have together.

Let's catch the wind of His spirit, just imagine where it will carry us!

"But those who wait on the Lord,
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31

4 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

we're not bald eagles are we????

Sue said...

Not all of us. ( oh oh I'm in big trouble now!)

Scott said...

what are you implying!!!????

Sue said...

Scott, you're not supposed to be reading the blogs. You said you didn't!