I haven't shared many stories about my oldest son Mikail, he hasn't got quite the same zest for life as Caleb, but in his own way he makes me laugh.
This week is Spring clean-up week and as the saying goes one man's junk is another man's treasure. I can be easily persuaded to collect stuff with grand visions in mind, it's a sickness I know. Yesterday we arrived a few minutes early at Mikail's piano lesson so I parked the car to wait for him to go in. Mikail piped up from the back seat "Mom I'm just going to go over there to check out that junk pile" he jumped out of the truck and proceed to rummage through several piles of well used stuff. He kept coming back to the truck every couple minutes wondering if Gracie needed a new desk or if I needed any pots to put my plants in. He didn't see used, old and broken things he only saw the potential in everything he looked at. Watching him made me smile........he has vision.
Today as we walked home from school continuing to examine each and every junk pile along the way he ran over to a large piece of particle board (about 6' x 3') and began dragging it down the road. Mikail's not very big so it was quite comical watching him. He was desperately trying to convince me that he has this "project" he's been wanting to do in the backyard and it needs a board just like this one.
His persistence paid off......he did manage to score a nice pair of roller blades for himself and I watched him roll home a pretty nice desk chair from a neighbor's house down the road. I'm sitting on it right now as I type this.
By the way Carolyn found a nice plant stand that Gary and Mikail went and retrieved for her. It runs in the family I guess.
This week is Spring clean-up week and as the saying goes one man's junk is another man's treasure. I can be easily persuaded to collect stuff with grand visions in mind, it's a sickness I know. Yesterday we arrived a few minutes early at Mikail's piano lesson so I parked the car to wait for him to go in. Mikail piped up from the back seat "Mom I'm just going to go over there to check out that junk pile" he jumped out of the truck and proceed to rummage through several piles of well used stuff. He kept coming back to the truck every couple minutes wondering if Gracie needed a new desk or if I needed any pots to put my plants in. He didn't see used, old and broken things he only saw the potential in everything he looked at. Watching him made me smile........he has vision.
Today as we walked home from school continuing to examine each and every junk pile along the way he ran over to a large piece of particle board (about 6' x 3') and began dragging it down the road. Mikail's not very big so it was quite comical watching him. He was desperately trying to convince me that he has this "project" he's been wanting to do in the backyard and it needs a board just like this one.
His persistence paid off......he did manage to score a nice pair of roller blades for himself and I watched him roll home a pretty nice desk chair from a neighbor's house down the road. I'm sitting on it right now as I type this.
By the way Carolyn found a nice plant stand that Gary and Mikail went and retrieved for her. It runs in the family I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment