Well, 11 years ago Gary and I were on our honeymoon in Maui. Two weeks hanging out on the beach and with each other. August 6, 1994 we were married. I was so young then and I'm not sure that I really understood the importance of the vows I was about to take in front of family, friends and God. Now, 11 years later I look back and realize that I really (really) had no idea of the kinds of choices that would confront us (me) in the coming years. Through the different seasons of our relationship we have both made some poor choices, some more severe than others. We have been through financial devastation, health problems, severe depression/anxiety and unfaithfulness to name of few. We have been through the fire and by all accounts never should have made it.......but we did.
Today I just want to express the joy that I have found in my repentance and obedience to God and in the blessing of an amazing, patient and very loving man.
Today I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment