It's quiet in the house, the kids are at school and Grace has just gone down for her nap. Silence is a rarity in this place. It's one of those moments where I feel like I can breathe deep and relax. This weekend I enjoyed my birthday celebrations. My birthday was on Saturday and I was blessed to have three days of parties! Unexpected and thoroughly enjoyed! Actually, the previous week was filled with many visits from some wonderful (wonderful!) friends. I am incredibly blessed by all of you!!
The other night I read a blog about the meaning of home. The author had spent time reflecting on what home meant to her and compiled a list. You can read her list here. It got me thinking about what makes my house my home. I thought maybe I'd share mine too. Thanks for the inspiration Julene.
My home is.......
* a safe place
* somewhere a song is always being sung (or whistled by my 6yr old son)
* filled with lots (and lots) of laughter
* a place where mistakes are made and forgiveness is freely given
* always open for a cup of coffee, chocolate and a good visit!
* LOVE
* where learning and growing apply to the adults as well as the kids
* cozy and warm on a cold night......a hot bubble bath and warm blanket are easily found
* surrounded by the beauty of God's creation, majestic mountains and a gorgeous view.
* filled with many dreams and aspirations
* a family planted firmly on God's grace
Upon reflecting on these things, I am thankful. What does home mean to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment