Friday, March 16, 2007

The blessings in life

There are so many, aren't there? Sometimes they can be very hard to see but they are there. I'm in a time right now where I can see and feel them all around me. They are very real. I feel as though I want to reach out, collect them up and put them in a safe place just in case. I suppose though that we are more aware of the good stuff after experiencing seasons where the good stuff is scarce. I have been through seasons in the past where I couldn't see any good for the life of me. It's funny though because as I reflect on the past 30 some odd years I can now see where there was plenty of good in the bad. I am very thankful that when faced with some very difficult choices God brought clarity to me. I'm not saying that I always made the right choices but His grace kept me from losing my way through some very trying times. I am thankful for wanting to better myself and not being content to settle for a life with no hope. Pushing myself to face the past and deal with it. Moving on and letting go is a blessing in itself. So what am I trying to say? Don't ever loose hope. There is good in the bad it's just harder to see.
So here's to the good stuff in life........may you all feel it today no matter what season you are in.

5 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

u amaze me Jenn. Whether or not you see that. Thanks for the reminder of that. You just can't imagine the timing on that post!!

Lee said...

awww jenny. I love ya.
You are such a great friend - out of nowhere, you have become an everydayer. (maybe it was those initial calls where u were trying to figure what the reason for my call was)
Nice post. You have an awesome fam.

Jennie said...

Hi Jenn, that was beautiful and very timely for me...thanks.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post! Nice to see things in perspective sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Yes - I have a log cut from the log cabin building place in Abbotsford which I painted the word 'hope' on for the garden... I love it... it is what keeps me going.... I will take it to the Maritimes this summer... we sold, we made money, we are leaving Mission... Tell Gary to start planning the 'thank god they are leaving party'.... ha ha ha... Good wishes and happiness from the old Ferguson Avenue folk!