Friday, October 22, 2004

The Doghouse

Just a funny story

About a year or so after Gary and I were first married we decided to get a puppy. I, of course, wanted a small dog. Gary, of course, wanted a German Shepard. As it would turn out we had friends who bred shepards and they decided to give us one of the pups. Gary was thrilled. He proceeded to build the biggest doghouse I have ever seen, it seriously looked like a small house. We spent the next couple of months trying desperatly to get the dog to sleep in the house (not an easy task) we would lay awake at night listening to the dog cry. Gary (having a soft spot for animals, dogs in paticular) would go outside a couple times a night and comfort the dog. I thought he was crazy, I love to sleep and do not like to be disturbed! One night at about 2 am the dog started crying again, I watched Gary get up grab a pillow and a blanket and head outside (it was summertime) I thought this was a little odd, but I was to tired to care and fell back to sleep. At about 6 am Gary crawled back into bed and was chuckling to himself. I asked him what was so funny and he told me that he had fallen asleep in the doghouse. When he woke up he grabbed his blanket and pillow and crawled out of the doghouse. As luck would have it the moment he was crawling out with his bedding, yawning and rubbing his eyes, sporting some serious bedhead, someone was walking down the street. This person had a clear view of Gary leaving the doghouse. Gary smiled and said "good morning" then proceeded into the house. I still wonder to this day what this person must have thought.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

hmmm... this explains a lot about your children!!!

Annette said...

I would have used the pillow for another purpose that night. I too like my sleep! Let your imagination run wild on that one.

(Disclaimer: No animals were hurt on this blog comment)

lori said...

Maybe you could have moved the doghouse into the bedroom...happy dog...handy nearby place for the husband...mine spends alot of time there...well, actually, usually its me...