verses 17 & 18
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them.
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
Over the past nine months I have been on a journey of healing. About two months ago a friend said to me that it has been her prayer I may know that God directs His thoughts towards me and that they are more in number than the sand. Thoughts full of love and promise. This truth hit me that day. It hadn't even occured to me that within the mess I created God would be concerned with me, after all I was the one who strayed away. I was convinced that He would only be concerned with the happiness of the ones I hurt. As I began to think about what had been said to me and as I began to meditate on His word I began to beleive it. This was a turning point in the process God is leading me through. Knowing that I am precious to my Father, beyond head knowledge, but knowing and beleiving it in my heart. The life He has for me is still full of promise. Even though I was sure I'd messed it up.
Thursday, October 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
God is 100% pleased with you. its all about 'grace'
i'm very proud of you.
love mom
we all mess up, all the time. thankfully we have a very loving, forgiving Father. as He loves us we are to love others, as He forgives us we are to forgive others.
When that knowledge gets from the head to the heart it's a life-changing miracle. I love this post, Jenn.
thanks annette, i almost deleted this post after i had published it....still getting used to journaling on-line.
let me tell you , your daughter is named perfectly... we all make mistakes.... but we rise from them after admitting to ourselves, and God what we did.... when you come to peace with the thing you do... the healing comes... like cool waves.... and you're clean.... washed and pure, like your newborn child.... love you shannon
Post a Comment