Sunday, December 12, 2004

It was a good day

Yesturday we decided to do some christmas shopping. We loaded up our three children and headed out. The traffic was crazy, the stores were packed and we didn't really get alot accomplished but somehow it was wonderful just to be out in the hustle and bustle of the season.

After shopping for awhile we decided to go out for dinner. While waiting for our food to arrive Gary was holding Grace and the boys were coloring nicely (a rare moment!) I looked over at Gary and he had a big smile on his face. I said to him "You look happy" and he replied "I'm just so content." How wonderful to hear him say that!!

After dinner we loaded up the crew and drove around for an hour looking at christmas lights, while listening to the boys (and Gary) sing "Jingle bells, catfish smells, jellyfish takes ballet...." over and over and over! The lights were beautiful. My family is beautiful! I, too, feel so content. It was a very good day!

6 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

hold on to that memory in your heart. it will bring much joy when you think of christmas past. God has blessed you with a wonderful family.

James Goudie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James Goudie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James Goudie said...

haha finally, i think.

están contentos ustedes

muy buenos

Jenn said...

hey james....what does that say?

James Goudie said...

you are content (plural)

very good