This past week I accomplished a personal victory in my life. It would be better said that God led me to victory. I've attempted to write about it several times already but have failed miserably in trying to find the right words. Let's see if this one makes it.
I am by nature a quiet and somewhat reserved personality. Unless, of course, you know me quite well. There are many insecurities that I struggle with on a daily basis, the biggest one being how I may be perceived (or judged) by others around me. This past Sunday was the day I faced those who may be critical of me. Sunday was the day I returned to the stage to sing. It was actually my second time back singing but there was something about this day that marked an opening of a new door in my life and at the same time a closing to some of the insecurity that I've allowed to dictate me for far to long. I've been anticipating this day for a year now. Knowing that there would most likely be those who disagree with my presence on stage. I have probably spent the bulk of my time worrying about what others would say or how they might judge me. I failed to think of the blessings God would have in store for me as His child now walking in obedience. As it turned out Sunday was a day filled with blessings. As I sang and looked out amoung the people my eyes kept resting on those who were looking at me with joy on their faces. I was met with smiles and even received a couple of thumbs up. These faces outweighed any looks of disapproval that may have been out there. After I sang I was met with more encouragement and many hugs. For me it was a celebration of restoration in my life. A year ago many of you who love me had a very difficult time persuading me that there would be restoration in my life and in my family if I choose to be obedient. So, thank you to all of you who have loved me, supported me, encouraged me and believed in me during the darkest days of this past year. You are my community and I am blessed to be surrounded by all of you.
There is a silver lining to this day as well. A new confidence gained. I sang out like I never have before. To those of on the outside of my life it may not have seemed like a big deal but to those who really know me.......well, you guys know how big of an accomplishment this really was for me.
Victory!
"...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Phil 1:6
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment