The whole load of the boys clothes came out red & pink. I had checked all the pockets before I put them in but I guess one little red crayon got missed. The whole inside of my dryer is red. I can't afford to buy them all new clothes. Seriously, I could cry right now........
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Oh that sucks!! I would cry!
Would maybe some bleach for the unbleachables or soaking them in oxyclean help? Don't dry them and see if anything will help!!
apparently boys are wearing pink again :) Sorry, couldn't help it ;)
So sorry, really, to hear of the laundry trouble. I did that once to Kevin's clothes, when we were newly married, and he never again "let" me do his laundry (insert big laugh)!
I agree with the "don't dry" comment. Hoping you can figure something out...
oops, just noticed that the clothes went through the dryer... hmmm...
some suggestions from the web are:
- WD40 for crayon on walls; might work on clothes
- or this method:
"Place stained surface down on a pad of paper towels. Sponge with dry-cleaning solvent. Replace the toweling as it absorbs the stain. Flush with dry-cleaning solvent, and let air-dry. If using powdered detergent, sponge area with cool water. Apply a paste of powdered detergent and water, and launder as usual. Air-dry until the stain has been completely removed. If using liquid detergent, let item air-dry completely, then apply liquid detergent directly to the dry fabric. Launder as usual. Repeat, if necessary. If safe for the fabric, treat with bleach during wash cycle. Launder when the stain is removed."
Oop, totally missed the red dryer bit!
Hope your having some success.
Sadly, I had no way of know the crayon was in there till it melted in the dryer.
There must be a way. Have you tried the 'Hints from Heloise' site or just google it. Let us know if you find a solution.
I had a similar situation with a black crayon a few years back. Regular old Spray and wash got it out of the clothes. As for the dryer, a really thick rag and alot of scrubbing!! you can even turn the dryer on with the rag in it and then scrub it while it is hot.
Thanks guys! I'll give it a try Kori and let you know how it goes.
OXI CLEAN to remove the stains in the clothes. my MIL (mother in law) suggested trying the Mr. Clean dry eraser on the dryer. Or getting a clean scouring pad and use warm water with a bit of Vim on it. She had no idea about the dryer. But seriously try the Oxi Clean for the boys clothes.
Good news! Gary scrubbed them and then I did the whole spray & wash thing and they came out clean!
Thanks everyone for all the help. The dryer is still a bit red but at least it's not getting on the clothes anymore.
YAY!! So glad this story has a happy ending :) Jen
glad you got them out.
I went through the same thing when vicki went through this phase of putting crayons into the toes of her jammie. ended up with a whole load of bright teal laundry. yup.. spray n wash got the majority of it all out. a couple items needed a couple treatments and washing.. but eventually they all came clean!!
Come girl!
I am so patiently waiting for pictures of you guys in your dresses!
Franlky - I cant believe you haven't yet.
Hurry up!!!
Post a Comment