A couple of months ago my hubby started a new job. After years of working at a local body shop doing run of the mill ICBC claims he was offered a position at a costum fabrication shop. Basically they do all sorts of custom hot rods, choppers etc. Now, I have to say that for years it frustrated me that nobody could see his extraordinary talent when it came to fabricating, painting and whatever else goes into making a smokin' car. But alas, finally, someone discovered him. This weekend the guys from his new shop are putting on an awesome display at the big car show coming to town, which means I will not be seeing him from now till monday! So much prep goes into these things. I can hardly wait to load up the kids and go check out dad's cars at the show. Next November we head off to Vegas for the grandaddy of all car shows where Gary's handiwork will be on display next to all the big wigs of the car world. The guys who hired him have been blown away by his work and I am beyond thrilled that he has a job he loves and that he is appreciated by his new boss....how rare is that! If you like cool cars and are out in Abby on the weekend check out his display and let him know it rocks!
So.....till monday I'm basically a single parent.....but that's ok because I'm so proud him!!
8 comments:
we are all proud of him. and we are glad that his work is being appreciated.....
That's awesome Jenn! My husband has had rotten jobs in the past where he was not appreciated or respected. It's very satisfying to see one's husband happy with his job and getting the recognition he deserves. I don't mind the late or extra hours now....somehow it's just different!
Yeah, I know what you are saying Rachel. I think it helps that the kids are older now too.....it's easier than when they were babies.
THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Thank God for the people that will take chances on others. I am glad he has a place to show his abilities and it is a good place. I long for that for my hubby.
Might have to think about going to that car show now!!
when and where exactly is the car show? I know Kev would LOVE to check it out, and the girls and I are always eager to tag along and check out his artwork!!
At the Tradex in Abby.....saturday and sunday, not sure how much it costs though. He'd love to see you guys!
thanks for the info. We're planning on heading out early afternoon today, I think. We're both quite happy to have an excuse to wander around a car show - something we wouldn't normally do. K is eager to see Gary and his work!
Sooooooooooooo...........How did it go??!!!!
Post a Comment