My time away with Gary was wonderful. Our room was up on the 20th floor, it took both of us a bit to adjust to the height but once we did the view of the city was spectacular. We are thankful that we had a 24 hour break just for us. I am thankful for a great husband. Sorry Lee, I forgot the camera so there are no pics to post :( We spent saturday shopping, got some new clothes and a birthday present for my little princess (she's turning 2 in a couple days!) I have never really fully appreciated walking slowly and leisurely through stores till now, what a treat! We have decided that this really needs to happen once a year.
The rest of the weekend was full of family and turkey. We did the in-law thing on sunday and my family yesterday. Being surrounded by family is such a wonderful thing. Angela challenged all of us to write down what we are thankful for. Every year I do this and every year I feel more thankful than the last. So here it goes.........
Watching Gary and the boys sitting around the table while working on their car models. I love watching them hanging out together just being boys. I'm thankful for my boys.
Gracie's smile, her eyes, her beauty. She is beautiful.
A home that is ours. It is warm and cozy.
Friends......so many great friends.
My marriage, I'm thankful for a lifetime of love. A love that covers me.
The activity and noise in my home. My house is full.
Quiet times spent with God. Forgiveness, grace and mercy.
There is so much more but I will stop there. Happy Thanksgiving all.
5 comments:
sounds like your weekend away was awesome!! I'm thrilled for you. Sometimes we just have to splurge - for the sake of our marriages.
Kevin and I are doing that this coming weekend, just some nice couple time away from the kids. Looking forward to it :)
I know I am late reading this post...but it made me tear up. Wonderful things to be thankful for.
Way to go Jenn! I think a yearly (at least) get away is essential for a healthy marriage!!!!
Sounds like a nice time away!
I agree with rachel. So glad you got a chance to do that and that you had a great time.
Post a Comment