We are back from the hospital and Grace seems to be doing better now. For those of you who don't know, last week Grace got the stomach flu and 24 hours later we had to take her to the hospital because she was so badly dehydrated. She spent 2 days on an IV and came home Saturday night. Quite the experience I must say! Life was kind of on hold for a couple days while I stayed by her side the whole time. While I was at the hospital I was so thankful that I knew she was going to be ok, there were many kids there that had a long haul ahead of them and my heart ached for them and their parents. I was so thankful to be able to rock my baby for hours on end without having to get up for anything, that time with her was precious. She was a trooper and the nurses thought she was the sweetest thing (me too!) Now the challenge is to get her to drink enough liquids so we don't have to return.
The day before she got sick our furnace quit working and the pipes to our washing machine froze. Yep, when it rains it pours. Thankfully the pipes have thawed and late last night the washer was running again but the furnace is another story.
Thank you everyone for your prayers.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to hear everything is starting to get back to normal! Poor little Gracie!!
Sucks about the furnace though, what a bad time for it to conk!
I don't have much room here, but it's warm! Your always welcome.
That really sucks. Glad that Gracie is home and okay now but how are you guys staying warm at your house?
glad Gracie is on the mend. Poor little one.
wow... a sick 2 year old and no washing machine.... yikes!!! now that is scary!!!
Is your furnace back up and running?
we definately need to do some scrapbooking - sans kids soon!
Yes, I agree Lee....soon!
Sue - we've been using electric heaters for now, and are staying pretty warm.
Gracie has developed a pretty bad cough since coming home from the hospital so I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked. Sigh, my poor girl!
Post a Comment