Ah, yes......only me. Over the many years that we have had children in our lives (10 or so, years that is, not children) I have been spoiled and had a weekend away pretty much every year. Gary however has not. I had signed him up plenty of times to get away but he always backed out as he just prefers to be at home with the family. So this weekend he finally got away! And this is my first time doing this mom thing solo for a couple of days.
Six hours ago as I was hanging out with the kids, feeding the new frogs we just got in the aquarium and feeling pretty darn good about how well I have handled this whole "I'm on my own with 3 kids for the whole weekend thing" everything changed. My dear son who shall remain nameless used the bathroom. I heard the toilet flush followed by "OH NO!" and my child running as fast as he could out of the bathroom. Not good. As I ran to look I saw water pouring out of every possible part of the toilet. I ran for towels and waited for it to stop....in the end 2" of water all over the bathroom floor. After spending a good half hour cleaning up the water (and whatever else may have been in there) I realized that indeed we do not own a plunger. So I thought to myself it all looks pretty good now I'll just flush and see.......nope.....another inch of water on the floor. I called my bud Lee and told her of the story to which she said "Jenn, the tap to turn off the water is just behind the toilet, didn't you know that?" No I did not..... but now I do.
So I packed up the kids and we went to Canadian Tire and bought a plunger.
4 comments:
ahhh jenn, the really broke you in hey? Now you are prepared!!
Unfortunately, I have that one beat. My little son flushed a miniature disney figurine down the toilet. WHY??? I don't know. Anyways, Jon was not home and I tried plunging to no avail. Finally, I called my neighbour (who is a plumber) and he got the situation resolved. Yup, all in the day of a mom's work.
ahhhh....the joys.......
I didn't know that about the tap at the back either ;)
Post a Comment